Hello there! It's DIY time!, (again, finally)
So today, I want to share with you a little idea I had to make little Remi a bed or pillow, so he can feel comfortable all day, and rest. (something that he mostly does all the time, besides playing and yawning) I decided to use some old pants we had, they didn't fit us anymore, and the fabric is just perfect for a small dog bed. So this is how you can do one for your own pet:
- Some old pants (you can use more or less pants depending on the size of your dog)
- Stuffing (also depends on the size of the bed)
- Fabric scissors
- Sewing machine, or needle and thread.
1. Extend the legs of the pants and align them.
2. Cut both legs at the same height, and turn them over.
3. Put together the two ends of the fabric, (making the sizes match if they were bell bottom pants as mine)
4. Sew one of the sides completely.
5. You should get a long piece, like the one in the photo, turn it over again.
6. - 7. Sew half of the fabric you have in that end, in the way the stitches are correct if you turn it the right side.
8. Sew the other part (here it is impossible to cover the stitches) and leave a space to stuff the pillow.
9. Stuff your pillow/bed until you are happy with its shape.
10. Finally, use your needle and thread to sew the last part of the bed.
And there you go! You have a great upcycled bed for your little buddy.
I decided to add the name of little Remi to his bed.
Have an awesome day, lots of love. Monica
PS. I'm looking for new sponsors! So if you are interested, please check the sponsor page, and email me. I would love to swap adds with all those of you who want to :)