DIY water bokeh'



The bokeh' effect is a really special one, you normally need to use some lights and focus an object that is near to you, so that the lights get out of focus and appear on the photo as small circles! Today I learned by accident another way of getting this effect. 
It was raining and my mom and I were trapped in the traffic, so I started taking photos, and I realized that by using the flash all the little drops looked like circles... just like the lights with bokeh! So I got really exited and started taking more of photos. You can try it to, even if it is not raining! Just find a transparent surface (almost anything works)  add some drops of water to it and place it between your camera and the item you want to photograph, remember to focus the object before and turn ON the flash. It is pretty simple, and the results are lovely. Have a lovely day! Love, Monica & Remi.

10 comments:

  1. Wow this is such a nice tip. I must try it asap. Thanks for sharing :)
    xx
    http://fabnfun.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeep! How fabulous is this?! I have been trying for FOREVER to figure out how to do this, your a lifesaver! Going to try this tomorrow! Thank-you so so much!

    xoxo, Emily

    http://thejanellewindcollection.typepad.com/craftygirl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!!:D I am really happy you found it interesting! ^_^

      Delete
  3. I tred it but all I got was the object in focus and some shiny water droplets.....what am I doing different? Did you somehow put the flash on without capturing the picture? Like when I press the shutter button, that's the only way the flash turns on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, actually I first program the flash, while the camera is focused to the object, then just place the water surface without focusing it and press the button :)

      Delete
  4. I am still not understanding this, but it looks so cool, I just have to figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am still not quite understanding this, but its so neat!! I have to figure it out

    ReplyDelete
  6. LBB talked about this on her blog and I had to come over and check it out!! Genius! I love this and I am def gonna give this a try!! Cute blog by the way, following you on Bloglovin' now! :) Have a lovely day!!

    xo,
    Shio

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also visiting from LBB. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to read all the comments and answer them! If you have a blog, please leave me your URL so that I can visit you.
xoxo

(URLs are automatically linked) (well, they should)