Drawing for my aunt

Well, my aunt's birthday is next month, and she asked me to make her a portrait. She gave me this picture of when she was working at ther first job. (She told me she would sue me if she didn't look pretty in the drawing) So I better get this one right!
I tried to make it a bit realistic, but it ended up being a bit cartoony; I have tried to avoid doing my drawings that way to make them more realistic, but no matter how hard I try they always end up looking like this. (Maybe it is just my drawing style, so instead of fighting it, I'm going to start to embrace it... Maybe also I'll learn how to do it better now that I have drawing classes at school!

So yes, I just wanted to share this little process with you, I will later pass it to charcoal, I think it will look better with some shadings. I was also thinking about making a kind of walkthrough for portraits, I am not a master in this, but maybe there's something I can teach you or you can teach me about it.

Hope you like it! See you soon, Mónica.

5 comments:

  1. I like the "cartoonish" look. I think it shows your particular style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes I feel frustrated about it! Developing/finding your own style is a real journey☺️

      Delete
  2. Although your work is impressive I think it needs more improvement and I really think that you have the talent to become exceptional at drawing I will be looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! It pushed me to make an extra effort for my aunt's portrait, and she loved it. I think I'll post the update later! :D

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing this post! I liked this post very much. Tt's interesting site piknu about instagram

    ReplyDelete

I am happy to read all the comments and answer them! If you have a blog, please leave me your URL so that I can visit you.
xoxo

(URLs are automatically linked) (well, they should)