DIY Abstract cases

Hi there! Well, it's been a while since we don't have some DIY time, so I did this little case project for all of you. It is super simple, and looks really pretty. (I also love mixing colors with palette knifes! They look so pretty in the process.)  
Okay, so this is what you'll need: 1. Palette knifes (if you don't have any, you can use a ruler!) 2. Clear cellphone case. 3. Scissors 4. Acrylic paint

1. Copy the shape of your case onto a white piece of paper (it is just a regular piece of paper, you don't need any special art or Fabriano paper :) Then, just make a spotted line about half centimeter inside go the shape you marked previously. (This is to make the drawing fit easier into the clear case.) 
2. Turn your paper upside down (I messed up in mine) and then secure it to your table with some clear tape. This takes us to step three, which is mixing up our colors with the palette knifes. I made a little video for you so that it is easier to see how it is done: 



You can choose the colors you like! and put as many or mix it as you want to. I just love how it looks so pretty and is yet so spontaneous. (You never know how it is going to turn out!)

3. Let them dry for about 3 hours, or until the paper is flat again. 
4. Take the tape off and turn your pieces of paper around. Now you can cut the shape you previously marked and that's it! Place the paper facing the clear case and place your cellphone in. 

And that's it! You can use any color you want and even cut it in different shapes, it could be also a great idea for christmas, maybe mix some green, white, and red!  And the best is that you can change it as many times as you want, and you won't need to buy any new cases. I really hope you liked it! And if you do your own, please share with us on Instagram! 

Oh, and for those who read the post about the little project I had at school, I am really exited to show you the first patches we had made: 

What do you think? I think we'll remake the astronaut because of the letters, but hopefully I will be able to reopen my Etsy shop with some new patches! Thanks so much for reading, lots of love,
Monica.

1 comment:

I am happy to read all the comments and answer them! If you have a blog, please leave me your URL so that I can visit you.
xoxo

(URLs are automatically linked) (well, they should)